SUBMISSIONS OPEN: 4 April 2023
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 20 August 2023
FESTIVAL DATE: 8 October 2023
FESTIVAL VENUE: Denbies Wine Estate
SUBMISSION FORM: DOWNLOAD FORM
We are also accepting submissions via FilmFreeway:
- UK Adult Shorts
- UK Young Adult Shorts
- UK Documentary Shorts
- Adventure Shorts – Non-fiction short films with the theme of adventure, travel and/or sports
- Short films eligibility
- UK Adult Shorts – director aged 19 years or older.
- UK Young Adult Shorts – director aged 18 years (or younger).
- Films should have been completed in 2022 or 2023.
- Films should be under 30 minutes in duration.
- Filmmakers for the UK categories should be resident in the United Kingdom.
- Entries for the Adventure Shorts category can be made from filmmakers based anywhere.
- All non-English language films should have English subtitles.
- All rights, permissions and clearances must be obtained prior to submission in accordance with UK copyright laws.
- A film should only be submitted in ONE category.
- For the age-specific categories the director should be of the appropriate age at the time the film was completed.
- Films should be submitted on DVD/Blu-ray or via FilmFreeway.
- Films should be submitted with contact details (including email) and the running time of the film.
- We are particularly interested in films made in Surrey, East Sussex, West Sussex, Kent or Hampshire. If you have a link to one of these counties let us know in your submission.
- Submitted films will not be returned since we don’t have the budget.
Fees: Entry fees depend on the category.
- Short films fees
- Entry is FREE to everyone who submits their film by post.
- Entry is FREE for any filmmakers with links to Surrey via FilmFreeway. Contact us for the fee waiver code.
- Entry is FREE for filmmakers submitting films in the Young Adult, Documentary and Adventure categories via FilmFreeway who are based in East Sussex, West Sussex, Kent or Hampshire. Contact us for the fee waiver code.
- Entry is £10 via FilmFreeway for everyone else.
Delivery address: DVD screeners with a completed entry form should be sent to the following address:
Dorking Film Festival
Ground Floor, Octagon House
20 Hook Road
Receipt of submission:
- If you would like to receive confirmation that we have received your submission please indicate this on the submissions form.
Selection & screening:
- Selection will be conducted by the Dorking Film Festival team.
- Our word is final.
- We aim to inform successful applicants by 17 September 2023.
- Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.