SUBMISSIONS OPEN: 20 May 2018
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 18 November 2018
FESTIVAL DATE: 23 March 2019
SUBMISSION FORM: DOWNLOAD FORM
We are also accepting submissions via FilmFreeway:
- UK Adult Shorts
- UK Student Shorts
- UK Junior Shorts
- UK Documentary Shorts
- Adventure Shorts – Non-fiction short films with the theme of adventure, travel and/or sports
- Short films eligibility
- UK Adult Shorts – director aged 19 years or older.
- UK Student Shorts – director in higher education.
- UK Junior Shorts – director aged 18 years or younger.
- Films should have been completed in 2017 or 2018.
- Films should be under 30 minutes in duration.
- Filmmakers for the UK categories should be resident in the United Kingdom.
- Entries for the Adventure Shorts category can be made from filmmakers based anywhere.
- All non-English language films should have English subtitles.
- All rights, permissions and clearances must be obtained prior to submission in accordance with UK copyright laws.
- A film should only be submitted in ONE category.
- For the age-specific categories the director should be of the appropriate age at the time the film was completed.
- Films should be submitted on DVD/Blu-ray or via FilmFreeway.
- Films should be submitted with contact details (including email) and the running time of the film.
- We are particularly interested in films made in Surrey, East Sussex, West Sussex, Kent or Hampshire. If you have a link to one of these counties let us know in your submission.
- Submitted films will not be returned since we don’t have the budget.
Fees: Entry fees depend on the category.
- Short films fees
- Entry is FREE to everyone who submits their film by post.
- Entry is FREE for filmmakers aged 18 years or younger via FilmFreeway.
- Entry is FREE for any filmmakers with links to Surrey via FilmFreeway. Contact us for the fee waiver code.
- Entry is £10 via FilmFreeway.
Delivery address: DVD screeners with a completed entry form should be sent to the following address:
Dorking Film Festival
Ground Floor, Sollis House
20 Hook Road
Receipt of submission:
- If you would like to receive confirmation that we have received your submission please indicate this on the submissions form.
Selection & screening:
- Selection will be conducted by the Dorking Film Festival team.
- Our word is final.
- We aim to inform successful applicants by 9 December 2018.
- Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.